Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
The Blueprint Reading for Construction Trades course provides students with a basic overview of blueprint reading concepts. This introductory-level course reviews the key concepts applicable to reading blueprints generated for a variety of skilled trade and technical applications, including carpentry, electrical systems, plumbing systems, and sprinkler fitting systems in light commercial and residential construction.
- Describe the basics of construction trade blueprints
- Explain the elements of the blueprint design process
- Define common symbols and terminology related to construction trade blueprints
- Use construction trade blueprints for a variety of applications
- Describe and compare the elements of light commercial and residential construction blueprints
- Explain the purpose of different working drawings
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.